Rationale: “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God”. That is our desire, even in our dress code to give glory to God.
- The way a person dresses reflects the way he thinks. The appearance of our students communicates many things about our school to the community and has clearly been a valuable testimony in establishing our reputation as an outstanding school with superior students.
- Just as students would dress one way for a picnic and another way for church, there is an appropriate way to dress for school. A well-groomed, attractive student should come to school with an attitude that prepares him for neat, conscientious work. His attire should give him respect for himself, his fellow students, and his teachers.
- Above all, we want in appearance and behavior to display modesty and respect of ourselves and others. Because modesty is a subjective standard, the board has endeavored to establish a dress code that will be clear and easy to enforce, while still allowing individual expression.
- The following guidelines are for ALL students Kindergarten through 12th grade and specified for boys and girls:
Applicable to Boys
- Collared shirts with NO writing or pictures (plaids, stripes, etc. are fine).
- Pants or shorts which must not be frayed, have holes, worn thin, or ragged and sagging.
- Hair must not hang over eyebrows, ears or collars. Haircuts must not cause distraction because of style.
- NO sweatpants, wind suits, or gym shorts.
- Hats may not be worn in the building
- Sweatshirts with NO questionable or offensive writing or pictures may be worn over a collared shirt.
- Boys may not have facial piercings.
Applicable to Girls
- Modest shirts containing high necklines which stay in place throughout the day (even when bending over), with NO writing or pictures. All shirts worn under jackets or sweatshirts must meet dress code standards.
- NO sweatpants, wind suits, velour pants, or gym shorts.
- Undergarments (including camis) are not allowed to be seen through the material or visible at the neckline.
- Skirts, dresses and shorts must be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee (even when wearing tights or leggings)
- Clothing may not be excessively tight. When leggings or tight pants of any type are worn the top must meet the 2” rule.
- Hair must not cause distraction because of style or color (only natural shades acceptable.).
- Girls are not permitted to wear nose jewelry or other facial piercing other than earrings.
- Sweatshirts with NO questionable or offensive writing or pictures may be worn.
- Girls in the elementary school are not allowed to wear make-up until 6th grade when they may wear it conservatively (powder, lip gloss).
BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS MAY WEAR OUR CHAPEL THEMED T-SHIRT ON WEDNESDAYS AND ACA T-SHIRTS ON FRIDAYS.